IDS Toronto Main Hall
Preliminary Budgeting Checklist.
This should be used as a reference only; this is not the final pricing for these services as these are forms from our previous year, IDS Toronto 2023. These prices will increase between 3-5% on average. There are also several regulations involved with ordering these services which will be available when the Exhibitor Kit is live in the fall. Exhibitors will receive an email notification once the IDS Toronto 2024 Exhibitor Kit is live.
For more information, please contact Catia at Catia.Varricchio@informa.com.
- Order electrical, plumbing, rigging installation or lighting from SHOWTECH
- Make arrangements for $5,000,000 commercial general liability insurance
- Order material handling, storage and advance warehousing to help speed up your load-in and load-out process
- Determine whether you must file a Notice of Project with the Ontario Ministry of Labour
- Order lead retrieval scanner
- Order internet, parking & cleaning from MTCC
- Order hardwalls from Stronco. (The price of hardwall packages in 2023 started at $12.75/sq.ft; please add approximately 5% to that cost for 2024.) Additional fees will apply for painting services or custom wall set-ups
- Order catering for the Opening Night Party or the other Show days from MTCC
- Other items to consider when budgeting for the show include staffing, freight/transportation, hotel requirements, booth design and booth build
IDS Toronto 2024 Main Hall Booth Type Reference.
Below is a reference of the different booth type layouts you can reference in regards to what you have booked with the show.
IDS24 Quick Move-In Guidelines
Highlighted below are some of the key move-in considerations which should be used as a preliminary reference only. You will be responsible for complying with the complete set of guidelines and regulations published in the Exhibitor Kit, which will be available in the fall.
• A staged move-in will begin on Monday, January 15 at 9:00am (there is NO venue access on Sunday, January 14).
• Exhibitors will be assigned a move-in time based on their booth location and may not move-in earlier than this assigned time as their booth space won’t be available.
• Move-in ends on Wednesday, January 17 at 8:00pm. NO exhibitor deliveries will be accepted on Thursday. The exhibit floor will open to Trade attendees at 9:00am on Thursday, January 18, 2024.
• The MTCC uses a MANDATORY digital reservation system for booking your loading time powered by Voyage Control. This complimentary service allows you to reserve a time slot for moving your materials directly in/out of the facility. If you arrive without booking a time slot you will be turned away. Booking codes will be sent to exhibitors in December so they can begin making their reservations.
• The North Building is accessible using the West Ramp (entrance is off of Front Street West & John Street on the west side of the MTCC’s North Building) or the East Loading Docks located on a lower level (accessible from Lower Simcoe south of Front Street West).
• The primary offloading area will be via the West Ramp – trucks will offload inside the venue directly on the Show Floor.
• The maximum time allotted for vehicle off-loading is 30 minutes.
• Exhibitors should review their material handling operations and requirements well in advance of move-in.
• It is strongly recommended that exhibitors arrange forklift service from Stronco Show Services to expedite the offloading/loading process. Be sure to consider not only the amount of time you’ll save by using the forklift service but also health and safety considerations for heavier or awkward freight. (Note, this is an exclusive service and exhibitors may not bring their own forklifts).
• Exhibitors not using the forklift service should be sure to arrive with trucks that have either ramps or liftgates.
• For exhibitors who feel the need to maximize their set-up time we highly recommend arranging advance warehousing through Stronco Show Services so their exhibit material will be at the facility at the start of their designated move-in time.