IDS Toronto 2024
Preliminary Budgeting Checklist
This should be used as a reference only; this is not the final pricing for these services as these are forms from our previous year, IDS Toronto 2023. These prices will increase between 3-5% on average. There are also several regulations involved with ordering these services which will be available when the Exhibitor Kit is live in the fall. Exhibitors will receive an email notification once the IDS Toronto 2024 Exhibitor Kit is live.
For more information, please contact Catia at Catia.Varricchio@informa.com.
- Order electrical, plumbing, rigging installation or lighting from SHOWTECH
- Make arrangements for $5,000,000 commercial general liability insurance
- Order material handling, storage and advance warehousing to help speed up your load-in and load-out process
- Determine whether you must file a Notice of Project with the Ontario Ministry of Labour
- Order lead retrieval scanner
- Order internet, parking & cleaning from MTCC
- Order hardwalls from Stronco. (The price of hardwall packages in 2023 started at $12.75/sq.ft; please add approximately 5% to that cost for 2024.) Additional fees will apply for painting services or custom wall set-ups
- Order catering for the Opening Night Party or the other Show days from MTCC
- Other items to consider when budgeting for the show include staffing, freight/transportation, hotel requirements, booth design and booth build
IDS Toronto 2024 Booth Type Reference
Below is a reference of the different booth type layouts you can reference in regards to what you have booked with the show.
IDS24 Quick Move-In Guidelines
Highlighted below are some of the key move-in considerations which should be used as a preliminary reference only. You will be responsible for complying with the complete set of guidelines and regulations published in the Exhibitor Kit, which will be available in the fall.
• A staged move-in will begin on Monday, January 15 at 9:00am (there is NO venue access on Sunday, January 14).
• Exhibitors will be assigned a move-in time based on their booth location and may not move-in earlier than this assigned time as their booth space won’t be available.
• Move-in ends on Wednesday, January 17 at 8:00pm. NO exhibitor deliveries will be accepted on Thursday. The exhibit floor will open to Trade attendees at 9:00am on Thursday, January 18, 2024.
• The MTCC uses a MANDATORY digital reservation system for booking your loading time powered by Voyage Control. This complimentary service allows you to reserve a time slot for moving your materials directly in/out of the facility. If you arrive without booking a time slot you will be turned away. Booking codes will be sent to exhibitors in December so they can begin making their reservations.
• The North Building is accessible using the West Ramp (entrance is off of Front Street West & John Street on the west side of the MTCC’s North Building) or the East Loading Docks located on a lower level (accessible from Lower Simcoe south of Front Street West).
• The primary offloading area will be via the West Ramp – trucks will offload inside the venue directly on the Show Floor.
• The maximum time allotted for vehicle off-loading is 30 minutes.
• Exhibitors should review their material handling operations and requirements well in advance of move-in.
• It is strongly recommended that exhibitors arrange forklift service from Stronco Show Services to expedite the offloading/loading process. Be sure to consider not only the amount of time you’ll save by using the forklift service but also health and safety considerations for heavier or awkward freight. (Note, this is an exclusive service and exhibitors may not bring their own forklifts).
• Exhibitors not using the forklift service should be sure to arrive with trucks that have either ramps or liftgates.
• For exhibitors who feel the need to maximize their set-up time we highly recommend arranging advance warehousing through Stronco Show Services so their exhibit material will be at the facility at the start of their designated move-in time.
Complimentary Badges & Tickets
All exhibitors will receive exhibitor badges to distribute to their staff. These badges will allow free access to the exhibit hall during set-up, show hours and move-out.
A maximum number of complimentary badges per booth will be allocated based on booth square footage:
The District Exhibitors
25 – 50 sq.ft.
51 – 100 sq.ft.
101 – 300 sq.ft.
301 – 400 sq.ft.
401 – 600 sq.ft.
601 – 800 sq.ft.
801 – 1000 sq.ft.
Exhibitors will receive complimentary tickets for the Opening Night Party, Trade Days and Weekends to distribute to clients, friends and family; the number of tickets supplied is based on booth square footage.
Opening Night Party
Square Footage Ticket Qty
Studio North 2
25 – 50 sq.ft. 2
51 – 100 sq.ft. 2
101 – 300 sq.ft. 2
301 – 400 sq.ft. 4
401 – 600 sq.ft. 4
601 – 800 sq.ft. 4
801 – 1000 sq.ft. 6
1001+ sq.ft. 8
Square Footage Ticket Qty
Studio North 2
25 – 50 sq.ft. 2
51 – 100 sq.ft. 4
101 – 300 sq.ft. 6
301 – 400 sq.ft. 8
401 – 600 sq.ft. 10
601 – 800 sq.ft. 12
801 – 1000 sq.ft. 14
1001+ sq.ft. 16
Trade Day Passes
Complimentary Trade Day Registrations
Prototype & Studio North 15
Collect & District 15
All Other Exhibitors 25
Sponsors please refer to your contract
Be aware of unauthorized suppliers claiming to be partnering with IDS who approach exhibitors attempting to sell products or services they may not be able to deliver. Be on the lookout for the following warning signs:
- Contact emails are not personalized and may not refer to the show;
- Contact emails do not have a signature or a phone number to contact;
- Companies will request full payment in advance of providing the service.
If you receive any communications that seem suspicious, are from companies that are not listed below, or are not listed as Authorized or Official Suppliers above, contact IDSOperations@informa.com. We are currently aware of the following companies that attempt to solicit exhibitors. None of these companies is affiliated with the show and do not have authorization to represent the show:
Unauthorized Hotel Accommodation Suppliers
- CBS Company
- Convention Housing Service
- Event Travel Planners
- Exhibition Housing
- Exhibitor Housing Management
- Global Housing Corp
- Global Housing Services
- Global Travel Partners
- Pro Housing LLC
- Trade Show Housing
- Travel Era
- Travel Hotel Management
- Travel Maker
- World Housing Services
Unauthorized Attendee List Suppliers
- B2B Pro List
- Business Leads
- Demand Generation
- Digits Data
- Global Data Arc
- Global Digisol
- Global EXPO LIST
- In For Each Leads
- Lead Generation
- Ladcude Systems
- Media Envelope
- World Lead Generation
- Inside Sales
- Opt In List
- Event Attendee List
Unauthorized Show Guide Listing Suppliers
- Event Fair – The Exhibitors Index
- EXPO GUIDE
- Fair Guide – The Exhibitors Fair Guide
- International Trade Fairs
- International Fairs Directory
Unauthorized Invoicing Suppliers
- PayTrac Lda
Unauthorized Exhibit Display Suppliers
- Ideal Displays
Unauthorized Scam Communications
Other Unauthorized Suppliers
- Biz Serviceww, Inc
- Rag Technology